

Discovery of a new hobby! Thankfully, I managed to borrow the sewing machine from MIL. There's quite a bit of bonding there too, as she walked me through the equipment. There are so much free lessons on Youtube, books from the library. I can feel the excitement brewing. Suddenly, I felt the connection with my mom whom I'd spent much of childhood sitting next to her while she worked away on her sewing machine... Yes, I am going back to Spotlight again to shop! More focused the next time, I hope. *grin* I dream of the pretty things I can make out of the pretty fabrics, and the requests from both girls to make sisterly dresses for them, little cute pouches, cushion covers, toys, even clothes for their toys... It all started from wanting to make some small cafe curtains to block out my odd storage areas... I guess that's how hobbies/dreams grow. Let it grow, let it grow... (I just remembered how my mom always 'nag' at me for doing all the "有样没价" things last time...)
As for the girls, I fetched them early today since there is no outdoor time due to rain. Spent a good hour with Estella as she read 4-5 books to me. It was a bookworm day! Read 2 books to them at bedtime. Estella totally enjoyed both books. The first book is "Pretend", which featured the father and son playing pretend on couch, and imagining themselves out at sea fishing, meeting sharks, etc. We both role-played the book and it was absolutely hilarious. The Chinese book was good too. Estella was giggling away at the adventures/silly acts the owlet did, especially his DIY sunglasses made of 2 leaves!

During skype time with daddy, Starrie was getting restless that he couldn't fly out from the computer screen and be at home at once. Her new tagline was 'I want you to pat pat me to sleep!!!'...
No comments:
Post a Comment