Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Date with Estella

Instead of heading to school as usual, Estella and I went on a date yesterday. After checking Meimei into school, we proceeded to Estella's old school for her to meet up with her old friends and teachers. This was something we had wanted to do for a while ever since Estella was transferred out of this ccc 4 months back. Though it was just a 30-minute catchup/play with her friends, it put a closure to her sudden withdrawal from the previous childcare centre. She was so happy to be able to play with her best friend YX. On the car ride there, she was calling from her memory things she used to do with her best friend. I think the value of friendship should start young, and I didn't want her memory of YX start fading from here. The only question that was hard for her to answer was when her other friend P commented 'Why did you change school? We like you to be here.' My heart felt a tug when I overheard that...

Anyway, the 2nd stop was the library. It was a wonderful time exploring the children section and she simply loved the books! When I asked her if she wanted to read ALL the books in the library, she excitedly exclaimed 'YES!!' When we finally got home with the 6 books that took us a while to choose, she happily laid them out on the dining table, wanting to show her Daddy when he returned. That night, she happily sat on my lap and read her favourite title (Corduroy's Sleepover) twice. Library is such a fun place to visit! Yes, that's should be a regular schedule from now onwards.

Next, she joined me to meet up with 2 dear friends for lunch. Guess what she ate with us? Coriander Cafe Curry Fish Head! She actually tried and finish the portion I gave to her. My little brave girl! :)

I am looking forward to more 1:1 dates with my girls. Hmm... where can I bring Eliana to? Any suggestion?

No comments: